No more struggle with the CAF application !
The CAF application is a nightmare even for French students, so we thought about YOU : international students ! Read this article to know how to fill in the form to receive the APL.
First of all, you have to be sure you have the following documents readily available to assist he application :
- the rental agreement
- your incomes of the last 2 years
- your bank account information (iban + bic)
- your allocation number (if you already received family allowance)
- SIRET number if the landlord is an estate agency, a social organism or a company
These documents allow the CAF to examine your case and decide whether or not you will be eligible to the APL.
Please note that at any time, you can save your file in order to complete it later.
How to fill out the APL application ?
The APL application must be done on the internet and is limited to the tenants.
Remember that if you move away, you have to apply again. A simple change of CAF address is not enough.
First part : APL application
If you are not entitled to the APL, you have to go to this web page : https://wwwd.caf.fr/demanderlaideaulogement
First, enter the ZIP code of the accommodation of which you are applying APL for.
Click on “continuer” to move on to the next stage.
Then, you have to tick the box “vous payez un loyer” to state that you are tenant of the accommodation.
Date d’entrée dans ce logement : you have to indicate your date of arrival in housing.
Vous vivez en couple : tick the box “oui” if you leave with your partner (even if you are not married). Otherwise, tick the box “non”.
Vous êtes étudiants : tick the box “oui” if you are a student.
Vous êtes rattaché(e) fiscalement à vos parents : tick the box “oui” if you are tax attached to your parents (it means if your parents report your income on their tax declaration).
Then, you will have access to the term of use page of the online service. You have to accept it in order to continue the process of the APL application.
Next, you will have to enter a valid email address that will be used by the CAF to contact you. Finally, you will have to fill in the following information:
Sexe : if you are a woman tick “féminin” and if you are a man tick “masculin”
Nom de famille = surname
Nom d’usage : here you don’t need to write anything
Prénoms = name(s)
Date de naissance = date of birth
Lieu de naissance = place of birth
Nationalité = nationality
N° de sécurité sociale = social security number (not mandatory)
Then, complete the following information regarding your family situation and your professional situation.
Finally, you will have to give your RIB (= your bank details) that the CAF will use to pay the amount of your APL.
The next steps are the following :
- Provide the information about the landlord (landlord, real estate agency…). You can find these information on your rent contract.
- Provide the information regarding the accommodation as the rent ‘excluding rent), the address, the surface..
- Also, provide your income of the 2 last year The CAF will take it into account to decide the amount of APL you will receive.
Once your online APL application completed, you will just have to validate the dossier in order to send it to the CAF. You will be informed as soon as possible about your eligibility or not to the APL.
Second part : the rent certificate
The rent certificate is mandatory when you apply for APL. It has to be filled in by the landlord of the accommodation and transferred to the CAF in order for them to process your application. You can download it here : https://www.aide-sociale.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/attestation-loyer-apl-21.pdf
You have two options for the payment of the APL :
- The money is directly paid to the landlord. In this case, the landlord has to fill in this document : https://www.aide-sociale.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/demande-versement-apl-proprietaire-22.pdf
- The money is directly paid to you. In this case, you don’t have to fill in anything.