click to enable zoom
We didn't find any results
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
Your search results

Which grant(s) are you eligible for?

by thifaine bulhoes on 22 November 2018
Which grant(s) are you eligible for?

You are coming to France but you don’t have any idea about how to deal with the money ? How will you pay the plane tickets, the rent of your accommodation, your food, the trips, the parties… ?

Studying or working abroad is an incredible experience and you will enjoy it for sure ! But there are some processes you have to think about before beginning this new adventure. We thought about you and we decided to write this article for you to better understand the functioning of the various grants.
First of all, you have to know that the type of grant you will receive depends on what you will do in France : studying in a university or doing an internship in a company. It also depends on where you are coming from : from the European Union or not.
  • If you are coming from the European Union…

– … as a student :

The grant is called « Erasmus+ études ». Only Erasmus program students can receive this grant. The duration of the allowance is from 3 to 12 months and its amount goes from 150 € to 300 € per month (according to your destination country and the duration of your stay).

– … as a an intern :

In this case, the grant is called « Erasmus+ stages ». This grant is only given to students doing an internship in Europe. The duration of the allowance  is from 2 to 12 months and you can receive between 300 € and 450 € per month (also according to your destination country and the duration of your internship).

It is important for you to know that the payment of the grant is not mensual. You will receive a first payment (80% of the total amount) during your stay and the other 20% will be paid when you return in your home country.

In both case, you can ask information about the grants your country of origin provides. Some countries give an additional pecuniary support to students that study or work abroad.

  • If you are coming from a non-European country…

As you might know, the Erasmus program only concerns students coming from the 28 countries of the European Union + Island, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. If your country of origin is not in this list, you have to find out about the grants your origin country provides because there is not a real program like Erasmus for students coming from a non-European country. For example, Campus France made a list of the grants that exist in different countries.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.